Monday, July 23, 2007

That Nameless Face


Where had I seen that ugly face?
Where had the nameless face burned my desire?
When the gusty wind stormed into his home and hearth
Nobody stoked the fire
Nobody cared to listen to his songs of the soul
He sailed across the grimy river all alone.

He breathed fire in his outstretching silence
When I tried to pray for him
He sat through the night looking at the expanse of darkness
His ugly face sparkled in the firefly
Nobody cared to look at the raging bull with his swelling stomach
He just sat through the night
Alone, all alone.

That nameless face, his auburn body
I can still see them all in my forgotten images
How can I deny his insistence?
I know his sons had left him for the other world
They will never come back
He alone bore the burden of his destiny.

1 comment:

CyberCelt said...

That is a very moving poem. You write beautifully.

Stopping by for Click & Comment Monday.