Friday, September 28, 2007

Riding With The Shadow


Ride, my child, ride
Your long shadow will ride with you
It is your shadow that gives you splendour and delight
You cross the ocean, you cross the island
You never miss the fragrance of innocence
It is your innocence that kisses your shadow
Your innocence vibrates in punctual rhythm
Your life flies like birds of freedom.

Where is your home, my child?
Who combs your unruly hair?
Who whispers lullaby in your ear?
I know, my child, you are the child of yesterday
To-morrow des not bring you love and care
Nobody lifts his finger to allay your fear.
O, my fearless child, ride and ride
Covering a long distance of life
Some day you will reach the world of fortune.

Riding with the shadow
You will hold aloft your dream and hope
You will rain on a cloudless night
At your feet the whole world will dance
And like a white swan you will swim
Crossing all frontiers of hope and despair.

No comments: